Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
I would just get a 2 tb iPad but it won’t let me drag and drop or automatically transfer media back and forth easily. Unless there is a way on iOS

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
There is a way to be able to drag and drop media back and forth from an iPad to a desktop. Do you have a Mac? If you do, you can use Universal Control.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
No do not have a Mac :(

Any other way ?

Buying a Mac is the only way if you want seamless fire transfer between iPadOS and desktops. For the price of an Android tablet you can just get a Mac. There are loads of cheap Macs to suit your needs. There’s the M2 Mac Mini at the unbelievable price tag of $500. For $500 you have not just the best consumer desktop computer out there, but an excellent hub for your Apple Ecosystem

Alternatively if you want a new laptop there’s the M1 Macbook Air available for $800. There’s also the Macs in the Apple Refurbished Store.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Yeah it’s called buying a Mac. For the price of an Android tablet you can just get a Mac. There are loads of cheap Macs to suit your needs. There’s the M2 Mac Mini at the unbelievable price tag of $500. For $500 you have not just the best consumer desktop computer out there, but an excellent hub for your Apple Ecosystem

Alternatively if you want a new laptop there’s the M1 Macbook Air available for $800. There’s also the Macs in the Apple Refurbished Store.

Ok well before I do that does it allow my iPad Pro 2 TB to become almost like a portable ssd or hard drive?

Can I set like it to transfer video media to it automatically overnight without any user interaction ?

SG83

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2023
Buying a Mac is the only way if you want seamless fire transfer between iPadOS and desktops. For the price of an Android tablet you can just get a Mac. There are loads of cheap Macs to suit your needs. There’s the M2 Mac Mini at the unbelievable price tag of $500. For $500 you have not just the best consumer desktop computer out there, but an excellent hub for your Apple Ecosystem

yeah, make 2k device useful by buying another device for half its price.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
yeah, make 2k device useful by buying another device for half its price.

There's a reason I'm very critical about the existence of the iPad Pro, and it's all because of how limiting iPadOS is. Guts of a Mac, but does a lot less than a Mac, and is more expensive than a Mac.

Reactions: SG83

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
If you're considering moving from an iPad Pro probably the only Android tablet series worth considering is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series (or Tab S9 series later this year). There is no 2TB internal storage option in the Tab S8 series, but they do have a microSD card slot and I believe 2TB microSD cards will be going on sale at some point this year.

According to the following table, Galaxy Tablets only support cards up to 1TB in size but its possible that might be because 1TB was the largest card you purchase when the table was created. Might be worth checking with Samsung if 2TB cards are supported once those cards are available

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.