Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corky5678

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2014
Bass Lake, CA
Does anyone know of a place where I can send my Apple Watch to get polished? There are some deep scratches . It is the stainless steel model. The glass is fine and is obviously harder material. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    886.5 KB · Views: 732

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Wow - What has been chewing on your watch?

Take it to a jeweler, who might have a suggestion for you.

They will likely tell you that you "have some deep scratches there!"
I think the best you can hope for, will be shiny scratches. :oops:

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
You seem to be unnecessarily harsh on your AW. That kind of damage is deep enough to qualify as replacement under AC+ (i.e., more than just cosmetics). I suggest getting AC+ for your next AW.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
... don't work on apple-reduces
I guess you meant warranty. A stainless steel watch is something that a jeweler would easily handle (Apple or Rolex, eh?), but you would pay for that, too - not a warranty service.

You could even try a local pawn shop. You may have better luck there (or at least someone who can point you to a competent jeweler)

AppleCare does not cover accidental damage.
AppleCare+ will replace your damaged Watch for a fee. I think its about $350, but you can call AppleCare to find out (if you purchased the AppleCare+)

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I've tried three different jewelers. I just want to send it to someone. I bumped a few things at work.

Bumped a few things? You must have a much more interesting (or at least physical) job than mine :)

I doubt many jewelers or mechanical watch shops will want to deal with the possibility of damaging the electronics or the crystal using a rotary sanding/buffing attachment on a flex shaft. My wife makes jewelry and I've seen her do some pretty detailed stuff with a flex shaft, but even then she usually tries to separate the piece she is working on so she doesn't accidentally touch something she doesn't want to touch with a high-speed sanding/buffing tool.

Sean

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I thought it was clear that AppleCare+ definitely has accident coverage, up to 2 instances, it's $60 to $70 for Sport and Stainless per accident. The std 1 yr warranty apparently does not cover accidents if I'm reading it right. Most SS silver Watches I see have scratched bezels, just like the old shiny Touchs.

Reactions: corky5678

corky5678

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2014
Bass Lake, CA
I called I called Apple and it is $69 with Apple Care. Does anyone know if I have it polished if that will void the warranty?

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I'd just pay the $69 and try to change habits of protect it. THe SS is attractive but not when it is all scratched, that's shy I have a Space Black and a Space Gray..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.