Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
I don't really know how to code unless you count using SAS or SPSS (statistics apps) back in the day. Since this year's WWDC is all online would there be any benefits for me to sign up as a Develop for $99? The keynote is available to the public. Are the WWDC workshops intelligible to a newbie?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
You can watch the developer Tech Talks with a free developer count and don't need the paid account. There are some advantages to a paid account, but I wouldn't bother with it yet if I were you. Most of what will happen at WWDC you can enjoy regardless - Paid will allow you to ask your own questions in the online labs, but you can read along and watch everything with a free account/no account.

If you want to start learning, I recommend Paul Hudson's Hacking With Swift. He does both books and videos and he's excellent.

A lot of his stuff may be at a bit higher level though.

I've recently started a beginner's guide on YouTube, though it starts out with Java - but it's more about the fundamentals of programming than any language specific stuff, so that might also be of interest. Bit of a plug...
But definitely Paul Hudson; He's really excellent for Swift resources

Reactions: Luba

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
I don't really know how to code unless you count using SAS or SPSS (statistics apps) back in the day. Since this year's WWDC is all online would there be any benefits for me to sign up as a Develop for $99? The keynote is available to the public. Are the WWDC workshops intelligible to a newbie?
If you want to publish , yeah paid it like and if not just playing around no need hassle me like below.

it getting weird apple.. i register it and them asking weird question.WTF with them now?

My name is xxx, and I'm following up on your email to Apple.

For us to verify and process your order, kindly provide us with any of the following documents. You may wish to black out any irrelevant, confidential information within the documentation:

* Recent Online Banking eStatement(.jpeg or .pdf format) of the credit card used; reflecting the credit cardholder’s name, billing address and the last 4 digits of the credit card number.

* Recent letter from the card issuing bank; reflecting the credit cardholder’s name, billing address and the last 4 digits of the credit card number.

Should you have any enquires, please call the Apple Online Store at 1800 806 447 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm, excluding Public Holidays).

Sincerely,

Apple Store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.