Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGuy2

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
Oh no, i know it will take some time to get used to the controls, just as every game. I bet the learning curve for this game is like 2 hours lol.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
It's not common knowledge that practice is sometimes needed to get the hang of things. :p

It took me a few times with 07 before I started to get the hang of it and my friend still works me each game. At least I beat him in Tecmo Bowl once or twice. :(

<]=)

Poopface Morty

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Iowa
MAJOR buzzkill, in regards to Madden 08 for the Wii.

Create-a-Player, Create-A-Team, and Create-a-Stadium are GONE! Removed from the game. Some people are retorting that you can create a player in superstar mode, but this goes as far as Name, Height, Weight, skin tone, and a generic face. You cannot even select your hair style; I started with a mullet. :rolleyes: Even with this, you cannot choose which team you are drafted to. And another workaround they say is to edit an existing player, which hardly sounds like a practical solution, though it works. This sucks, as I ALWAYS used the create a player mode. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

Also, a pretty serious glitch. Franchise mode does not Autosave, even if it is selected to do so. You have to save manually.

Controls are flipped from last year it seems, but with a little practice you will get the hang of it.

The game only looks marginally better than last year, but to me that is a minor complaint compared to the first two I made.

Seriously, purchase Madden 07 and update the roster. This is a joke. Wasted $$ on my part.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I think the addition of online for some players is worth the update...but generally I agree with the above statements about EA...just don't think it applies 100% in this yearly update.

Besides who cares about this? One more month give or take till I get my Fifa for Wii!

Paul

Poopface Morty

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Iowa
Hmmm, looks like there's quite a few more Wii glitches coming about in Franchise mode, glitches of the "you're game file is ruined" variety. :rolleyes:

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I was playing as the Redskins against the Texans (who are apparently only 3 points overall worse than the redskins) on pro or all pro. I throw 5 interceptions in a single half with Jason Campbell, only maybe 2 of which i deserved. the other 3 were thrown into single coverage. The Texans aren't that good, especially their defense. IIRC, they were ranked last or almost last in most categories last season. I'm so confused, but the game is so fun

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
I was playing as the Redskins against the Texans (who are apparently only 3 points overall worse than the redskins) on pro or all pro. I throw 5 interceptions in a single half with Jason Campbell, only maybe 2 of which i deserved. the other 3 were thrown into single coverage. The Texans aren't that good, especially their defense. IIRC, they were ranked last or almost last in most categories last season. I'm so confused, but the game is so fun

I think this wilingness to accept this BS as well other problems listed in the other posts and EA's perception that they are doing a good job solely on you the peopl who buy this EVERY year encourages them on not spending anytime to really improve the game. Now if people would actually go buy Allpro Football 2k8 the gameplay is actually impeccable just a few minor caveats. But that won't happen becasue EA can do no wrong and the blubbering dumba** madden knows what he talking about right? Or maybe getting beat by the texans just shows you may not be as good as you think you are ;)

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I think this wilingness to accept this BS as well other problems listed in the other posts and EA's perception that they are doing a good job solely on you the peopl who buy this EVERY year encourages them on not spending anytime to really improve the game. Now if people would actually go buy Allpro Football 2k8 the gameplay is actually impeccable just a few minor caveats. But that won't happen becasue EA can do no wrong and the blubbering dumba** madden knows what he talking about right? Or maybe getting beat by the texans just shows you may not be as good as you think you are ;)

I beat my friend as the Giants against the Skins, something like 42-21 :p

But you make a good point. I buy madden games every couple of years, my last one was 05 for the PS2. I played madden 07 on the wii and thought it was great, so i assumed that EA would take the good and make it even better. It improves in some areas, but really falls behind in others. What was going through their mind to forget about create a player/team/franchise mode is beyond me. I rarely used that feature, but it adds replayability. My main gripe is really with the AI, it is just too inconsistent. When i was playing giants vs. skins, there were 3 kickoffs returned for touchdowns in one game! And then 5 interceptions in one half when i play the computer!
I guess i will try turning down the difficulty, and hope that fixes the AI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.