Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
Now that this site has become an actual part of my day-to-day living... I'd like to contribute to it financially. The $20 paypal thing is fine, but how about a new mug? or better yet a golf shirt? Anything in the works Arn or is all that a thing of the past? Perhaps we should have a mug design contest?

How about an super-elite title for members wlling to contribute a $100?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
arn's been a bit busy lately - so these good questions might be better put directly to him. Send him a pm or email and see what he has to say.

D

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
im a poor college student. . . so i cant agree to paying $100. . . (though once i get my degree and am stable and such believe me macrumors will get lots of monotary support) . . . but until then id still scroung up like $20 or so for a nice shirt so i can show up at the apple store in town dressed like a super-geek!!!! (yes when standing in line when panther was released i met someone else who participated in the macrumors forums)

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
crenz said:
Maybe one person can send him a message and then post the reply. Or else he will be even more busy :)

Oh wow, who would have ever thought of PM'ing him?? :confused:

Oh wait, I did that a week ago and haven't gotten a response yet. :)
He's busy, we appreciate the massive effort and all the work he puts into this website. When he gets to it, he gets to it. We're all just clamoring to give him our money.. that's all. :D

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
t-shirts are a great idea! i definitely buy one; that is, if I was the one who designed it. hmmm...

<designs popping up in head> :D

time to open Illustrator.

peace.

*idea- if arn is too busy, some of us could organize an underground thing (macrumors t-shirt design contest... ) and see if we can get enough pre-orders to actually go through with it; then, just place an order (there have to be some press/print people in here – i know we have way more than enough designers :D) and round up the price a bit ;) and donate the excess to MacRumors!!! the people donating time/energy into this can get free t-shirts or what ever.

well, just an idea.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
neut said:
*idea- if arn is too busy, some of us could organize an underground thing (macrumors t-shirt design contest... ) and see if we can get enough pre-orders to actually go through with it; then, just place an order (there have to be some press/print people in here – i know we have way more than enough designers :D) and round up the price a bit ;) and donate the excess to MacRumors!!! the people donating time/energy into this can get free t-shirts or what ever.

I had that idea, but as it is Arn's site, I felt it would be inappropriate to start a "MacRumors tshirt design contest" thread without his prior consent.

I'd hate to see him do a CafePress type thing where we're paying a huge premium and Arn gets very little, I'd be willing to front or help the movement.. let's keep design, printng and handling in-house as much as possible. :)

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
cr2sh said:
I had that idea, but as it is Arn's site, I felt it would be inappropriate to start a "MacRumors tshirt design contest" thread without his prior consent.

I'd hate to see him do a CafePress type thing where we're paying a huge premium and Arn gets very little, I'd be willing to front or help the movement.. let's keep design, printng and handling in-house as much as possible. :)

ok, so i was a little drunk while posting. :D

i still think a cool t-shirt would sell like mad ;). Lets give Arn a chance to consider some ideas and see what he thinks.

peace.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
MrMacman said:
So ahoy!

Any news on the swag?

I wish to blow me money!

also.

*bump* ;)

?

i think we're all a bit busy... i know i am (not that i have any say in these matters anyway :().

we just had new soft/hardware updates so the news/rumors have been running strong. let's see what happens in the next few months between updates. :)

peace.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
neut said:
?

i think we're all a bit busy... i know i am (not that i have any say in these matters anyway :().

we just had new soft/hardware updates so the news/rumors have been running strong. let's see what happens in the next few months between updates. :)

peace.
Doesn't mean I can't ask.

I was really hoping for a mod or arn to come down with an anwer.

Apease me! I -- must have swag!

:D

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
I think a MR shirt would be the coolest to wear to computer shows etc. ... but not too outlandish. How about a dark green polo with a small MacRumors icon and text stitched in the usual left-hand area.

Maybe there could be a slogan like "Tell me... Tell the world!" But again, not garish.

I really like the mug, with the synopsis of rumors from the past. If we could get custom mugs, it'd be cool to emblazon them with mockups of the Apple Tablet, G5 Sphere, Headless iMac, etc. FTM, maybe we could just get posters printed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.