Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I doubt it will natively, but through a third party app like RunKeeper I see no reason why not. Since currently the apps are tied to the iPhone, it would be connected to the iPhone anyways. However when they do allow native apps it stands to reason it should work, depending on the level of access the API gives to bluetooth devices, interesting question.

cekaai

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2013
Why the chest strap? The watch's heart rate sensors are just as good as the chest strap according to the reviews.

cbird007

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Colorado
Why the chest strap? The watch's heart rate sensors are just as good as the chest strap according to the reviews.

Chest straps are usually more accurate. The internals of the device have better sensors. I'll be pairing mine during exercise.

sugarboylovemac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011

Coz I think chest strap is more accuracy! And it is not sure the Apple Watch is accuracy than other HRM.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
There have been reviews that say the watch is just as accurate as a chest strap, and reviews that say it isn't, so we probably won't know until we get more people testing. One review said it could connect to a Bluetooth chest strap, and one of the guided tour videos showed a section for Bluetooth medical devices (or something like that, don't remember the exact wording) when connecting a Bluetooth headset, so I think it's pretty likely that it will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.