Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 23, 2010
MN
Upgraded from a 13Pro to a 15ProMax. Fun to upgrade screen size at almost the same weight! No problems so far with heat, light leakage, glass/metal edges etc. Very happy sitting in its Apple Silicone case. Really happy with the phone.

But a few funny/annoying upgrade experiences. I had both phones at home, so did the phone to phone data transfer. Pretty fast, and I was really pleased I did not have to re sync various devices (temperature monitors, etc) to the new phone. Quite a bit of this transferred.

What did not work out so great:
Album art was completely randomized. OK, tried a few internet fixes that did not work then just deleted the Music app and reinstalled. No bid deal, but took a while.

OK, movie art was randomized too. OK, fixed the same way.

But the one that took me a day was this: My trusty old password manager (SplashID) was dropped, at least in the US. Since the apps themselves are not transferred, I had to change managers. Since the new one would not import the old, I spent hours typing about 300 passwords by hand into the new system. In the long run this is a plus, but at the time . . .

Anyone else have suprises?

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
I did the same upgrade as you, but this was the first time e-sim transfer and Watch transfer with e-sim worked as intended.

In fact the whole process went without a hitch. I use phone to phone transfer. I’ve always had something go bad previously, but this time it all worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.