Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wormtail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
I wonder if there is any hack that allows me to change the volume of the iPod without affecting alarm volume. Right now i always play music when i sleep and i make it very soft. Then when my alarm rings i cant hear it then i overslept a few times! Help!

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Are you jailbroken?

If so then go to cydia, and search for an app i believe to be called "volumeboost 3.0" if you are unable to find it, then search "boost" and you may be able to find something with a very similar title. it increases all of the volume on almost every part of the iPod, i assume it works with the alarm volume as well.

Need any help just ask

wormtail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Oh, will it harm the hardware? I always wanted to try but just afraid that it would hard the speaker. And I meant increasing volume of alarm clock only without affecting the others. As in, separate system something like that. I dont wanna use 3rd party alarm because I heard that they are battery consuming, is that true? Thanks :eek:

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Oh, will it harm the hardware? I always wanted to try but just afraid that it would hard the speaker. And I meant increasing volume of alarm clock only without affecting the others. As in, separate system something like that. I dont wanna use 3rd party alarm because I heard that they are battery consuming, is that true? Thanks :eek:

It shouldn't harm the hardware, Ive used it before and no harm has come of my speakers. I don't know if Third party alarms are battery consuming, but they are worth a try really.

Ill see if I can find some way of modding the volume so that it only affects the alarm volume

Epiphron

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
i thought there was a setting for this. in the sounds settings, there's a ringer and alerts volume slider, and it says "the volume of the ringer and alerts will not be affected by the volume buttons." I'm not sure if this affects alarm but maybe you can try it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.