Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I have a 2006 MacBook CD 2.0GHz. I've upgraded to a newer MBP but am having a bit of trouble selling the older one (and no PM offers... if I want to sell it on here I'll post it in the Marketplace).

The main selling problem is I want to stay away from eBay for the risks, but to sell locally I'd have to drive about 2 hours to the nearest big city. If they flake, I'd lose a bunch on time and fuel.

So is there anything I can really do with this? While it's a great Mac, there are some limitations. I don't do any media streamers and, while I can hook it up to my TV as sort of a MacMini type thing, I just have a CRT TV so there's not much to get excited about it.

Anything I'm missing? I've even though of giving it away. My friends all have newer computers or don't care for Macs. My brother wouldn't take care of it (I don't think?) and my mom likes her Windows XP PC. If I could trade it for a Mini that could work out.

Last edited:

AshMan

macrumors regular
May 1, 2010
Why not sell it on eBay. Just describe it correctly and you could arrange the person to pay by money order only and in your auction you stipulate only when funds cleared and verified will you ship and only ship to USA.

Otherwise you could donate it for a tax write off

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
Why not try local craigslist? should be able to get between 300-400 if good cond...just post a good descrip and take 4 good pics of unit,in post don't leave a #,wait for reply and ask for there's...then ONLY meet in public location (mcdonalds ect...and inside,not parking lot) and during the daytime...

I've bought and sold lots of stuff on craigs...as long as you make a good post,and only transfer monies in public all should be good...

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Why not try local craigslist? should be able to get between 300-400 if good cond...just post a good descrip and take 4 good pics of unit,in post don't leave a #,wait for reply and ask for there's...then ONLY meet in public location (mcdonalds ect...and inside,not parking lot) and during the daytime...

I've bought and sold lots of stuff on craigs...as long as you make a good post,and only transfer monies in public all should be good...

I have it listed on Craigslist right now. The problem is I live 2 hours from Austin and 2 hours from San Antonio out in the middle of no where. If someone flakes on me the drive time and gas would get costly after a time or two... although I've never had anyone flake out of the 3 times I've used craigslist.

Stallion.

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2012
I am looking for a white mac book to use for high school but I need to save up more money :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.