Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brown.eyed.girl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I had an iPad Pro 11 for years and loved that thing, especially with the Magic Keyboard case. However, in the last year, I've developed a side gig that requires me to regularly edit videos and photos. I don't mind Lightroom on iPad, but using iMovie has been a nightmare, and I don't love the alternatives like LumaFusion, etc.

Ultimately, I ended up selling my iPad and buying a Macbook Pro 14. Love that thing - it's a beast - but I do miss my iPad and the form factor. I have a work computer anyway (M1 Air) so the MBP 14 is a bit overpowered for me except for video.

Most of my videos are 1080P, not 4K, but I do color balancing, titles, and music overlay, as well as transitions. So has there been any improvement in iMovie to make it worth selling the MBP to get an iPad again?

Thanks all, in advance, for your thoughts and help.

brown.eyed.girl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Oops I realized I put this in the wrong forum - apologies! But shoot, that's unfortunate. I guess I'll stick to my (admittedly awesome) MBP then. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.