Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I have my iphone, and I have been trying to get one of the pre paid plans. I followed the steps online on how to do this, but it keeps hanging up on my area code, repeatedly asking for it, does not add my plan to the shopping cart, and then it keeps saying my sim card is invalid. I have tried to contact help though them on Facebook messenger, although they have been some help in the past, it is a long wait, and I do not have time to wait around for someone to get back to me.

I have always found tmobiles website very glitchy, and I am lucky I can actually log in half the time to check and pay my bills.

With this said, my trouble getting a new plan for my new phone has made me reconsider tmobile.

Does anybody have any experience with Verizon? is there website reliable? easy to log into? how is their customer service?

I am not looking to view movies on my phone, I mainly use it for phone calls, text, and so far have only had text and talk only plans. I would like to be able to access the internet without having to be at a free unlocked wifi network, to call an uber, look up something on a map, check my email and social media. Mainly kind of business productivity stuff, not games and movies. Although I might want to look into streaming my music at one point.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Long time T-Mobile customer here that switched to Verizon a couple months ago.
I loved TMO until they had 2 data breaches and all of my info was leaked into the dark web.
While i know data breaches happen. TMO was late in notifying customers of what happened. Then it happened again.
They did give me 2 years of McAfee identity protection but for me the damage was done and I had to move on from them.

Coverage wise...in very populated areas TMO was faster than VZW in speed. But the difference was close in speeds.
But when we were off roading or hiking in sparse areas TMO would not have service while VZW would be able to get text messages only.

Customer service nod goes to TMO but not by much to be honest.
All in all I am happy with VZW and have no complaints.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I have both services.

TMO is great for international travel without SIM changes.
VZW is great for urban/rural coverage.

Between the 2, I am always covered.

Autopay setup for both so I don't deal with online access at all.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Anybody have experience with other carrier like, boot, virgin, mint mobile?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.