Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skystar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
I have a few hacked directv hi-def tivos at home that use a web interface that is called tivowebplus. This interface allows you to schedule recordings, view the guide, view what has been recorded, etc. The most useful thing is the ability to schedule recordings away from home. Since the web pages are stored locally on each TiVo, I am thinking of making an iPhone friendly version. Would anyone else be interested in this type of project? Thanks

llarson

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
I would.....

I have a few hacked directv hi-def tivos at home that use a web interface that is called tivowebplus. This interface allows you to schedule recordings, view the guide, view what has been recorded, etc. The most useful thing is the ability to schedule recordings away from home. Since the web pages are stored locally on each TiVo, I am thinking of making an iPhone friendly version. Would anyone else be interested in this type of project? Thanks

I would throw a couple of $$$ in towards development.

paintmav

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2006
I'm very interested, although I posess not technical skill which would provide any value, I could give plenty of moral support.

Skystar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Thanks for the replies. I can actually log into my tivos and use tivowebplus, but the interface is just not that iPhone friendly. I plan on making an iPhone version with the iPhone "flava". At least I know there is some interest. Thanks

michelle21

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Please do this - I'd love to have a iPhone Tivo app!

tivoweb only works with series one, for series 2, just go the ip adress of your tivo in any browser. and hit the now playing page. use https, tivo seems to use ssl.

Would be really trivial to through together an ajax enabled version, use the template provided by aptana.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.