Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
Waiting for what comes from Apple in the future
Most likely going to upgrade to the iPhone 14,
I know I waited enough years already... lol

Anybody on a similar waitlist for a new iPhone this year?

Reactions: Tsepz

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
11 to 14 feels long enough, you've earned it. I went from a 7 Plus to a 12 Pro Max and I'm sticking with it until at least the 16, or whatever the equivalent of a 16 gets called. I might need to replace the battery in a year or two, but that's cheap enough.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I’ll have To see how groundbreaking 📱 14 is compared to iPhone xs Max to justify, especially how iPhone fills the niche iPad can’t or won’t do very well. After hearing USB-C rumour for iPhone 15 I’m hesitant.

• Love
Reactions: Student of Life

Shark9

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2020
Considering upgrading my 11 Pro but still undecided — we’ll see how it runs iOS 16

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
Work line just went from 11 to 13, I love the 13, perfect size and great camera. My personal line is still on a XS and I might finally go for a 14 when they drop.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I still have nine months of payment left on my 11 Pro Max (purchased, February 2021).

So no. No plans to upgrade.

Also, I want to wait until my carrier's 5G is as good as and reliable as LTE is right now.

tkmyzw

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2020
I just purchased 13 PM last month and waiting for the delivery (likely next week). Upgraded from XS. Wanted to buy a 14 MAX but the price of 14 will be dramatically increased caused by infration in the U.S. and weaker currency of my country which won't be able to afford.

Reactions: arkitect

PerfectChaos

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
I have an 11 Pro and I still don't see much of a reason to upgrade. I'm not tempted by 5G either as LTE is really solid in my area. As of now, I think I'll hold out until the 15, especially if the USB-C rumor is true.

NeonIbis

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2020
I already went from SE2020 to SE2022. I like my new SE (the 2020 was fine, but it was my 'lockdown phone' and I was glad to pass it on to a family member). However, if Apple made a fancier phone with a home button I would be very interested...

Reactions: Mikeyt1818

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
XR user here, I think I’ll see how my phone copes with iOS 16 and then consider whether I wanna upgrade to a 14 or 14 Max…

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Yeah, I’m on 11 Pro Max and waiting patiently to get something new now 😁

I’m looking forward to the 14 Pro Max, although something tells me the 15 Pro Max would be the one to jump in for and just get a new battery for my current 11PM for now.

The way I am so happy with my 11 Pro Max, I’m not quite convinced I need to leave it just yet.

Anyway, I’m waiting to see what the 14 Pro Max brings before I make a final decision. Some things I am looking for in the 14 Pro Max is a big jump in Photography (quality and zoom), hoping to see 8GB RAM, also want to see a slightly bigger battery and possibly USB-C, which is what makes me think waiting for 15 Pro Max would make more sense, as I plan on keeping my iPhones longer and longer with each generation.

Another big factor going forward is AI chip, seems Apple is adding more and more features that are AI focused, once your iPhone starts being skipped on the big AI stuff that’s when you know it’s time to jump 🤣
The A13 chips still seems to be powerful enough to handle the iOS 16 stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macalicious2011

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I’ll have To see how groundbreaking 📱 14 is compared to iPhone xs Max to justify, especially how iPhone fills the niche iPad can’t or won’t do very well. After hearing USB-C rumour for iPhone 15 I’m hesitant.
Im in the same boat. I hate the notch so I had no intention of getting a new iPhone until they changed that. I want to see how the new pill solution works and looks like in real life practice. Ideally I want the John Ivy flat front glass panel look lol. But that might not happen for another 3 to 4 years.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
XR user here, I think I’ll see how my phone copes with iOS 16 and then consider whether I wanna upgrade to a 14 or 14 Max…
Considering iOS 16 supports down to iPhone 8, imo the XR would be fine. Probably try not to fill up the storage and have at least a few gigabytes free. I have seen iPhones with full storage slowing down to a crawl.

Reactions: martin2345uk

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Yeah, I’m on 11 Pro Max and waiting patiently to get something new now 😁

I’m looking forward to the 14 Pro Max, although something tells me the 15 Pro Max would be the one to jump in for and just get a new battery for my current 11PM for now.

The way I am so happy with my 11 Pro Max, I’m not quite convinced I need to leave it just yet.

Anyway, I’m waiting to see what the 14 Pro Max brings before I make a final decision. Some things I am looking for in the 14 Pro Max is a big jump in Photography (quality and zoom), hoping to see 8GB RAM, also want to see a slightly bigger battery and possibly USB-C, which is what makes me think waiting for 15 Pro Max would make more sense, as I plan on keeping my iPhones longer and longer with each generation.

Another big factor going forward is AI chip, seems Apple is adding more and more features that are AI focused, once your iPhone starts being skipped on the big AI stuff that’s when you know it’s time to jump 🤣
The A13 chips still seems to be powerful enough to handle the iOS 16 stuff.
11 Pro Max owner since day one. iPhone innovation is disminishing. 3-5x camera zoom, notchless display, doubled base storage or breakthrough camera tech would be amongst the very few features that could tempt me into upgrading. However I don’t believe that the iPhone 14 will be it.

I don’t play games on my phone which makes performance jumps my M1 or M2 immaterial.

Reactions: Tsepz

roygnelson

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2014
My 11 still works as well as the day I got it so it’s hard to justify spending the money unless T-Mobile decides to give me a free upgrade, which seems unlikely.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
Considering iOS 16 supports down to iPhone 8, imo the XR would be fine. Probably try not to fill up the storage and have at least a few gigabytes free. I have seen iPhones with full storage slowing down to a crawl.

Hopefully should be ok! Though wish I knew what all that System Data was…

a382393f262905b38c3f4a00db2104bb.jpg

Mikeyt1818

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2020
Coral Springs, Florida
I just upgraded from my 2020 SE to the 2022. It's been a week and I am more than happy. It seems a bit snappier and I would swear the new internals are making my pictures look better. The battery is a tad better than the 2020. I just hope Apple keeps making phones with the home button. Between that and the curved edges and overall size I am finally 100% content with ios and you could not pay me to go back to Android. I know this phone is not for everyone but for me personally it is as close to perfection as it gets.

roygnelson

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2014
I just upgraded from my 2020 SE to the 2022. It's been a week and I am more than happy. It seems a bit snappier and I would swear the new internals are making my pictures look better. The battery is a tad better than the 2020. I just hope Apple keeps making phones with the home button. Between that and the curved edges and overall size I am finally 100% content with ios and you could not pay me to go back to Android. I know this phone is not for everyone but for me personally it is as close to perfection as it gets.
Nice. Thanks for the helpful feedback on it.

Reactions: Mikeyt1818
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.