Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
hey guys, I decided I want an iPod HiFi this xmas, and will need to buy it pretty soon, but, as the holiday season approaches.. do we think the hifi will be updated through this period?

I'll be well annoyed if I buy it and it gets updated :(!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Betcha it won't be. I can imagine updates on these being as frequent as updates on the Cinema Displays i.e. not very often... maybe March-August 2007, as a vaguely uninformed guess?

In all the chaff milling around on various rumoured products, I've seen nothing on the HiFis... still, they are pretty fab and I love mine to bits. Buy with confidence, I say.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
thanks for the reply!! I'd get it this week but the Uni education store aint workin :|.. do you think they'd do the discount in-store?
Yes, they will.

And I agree that the HiFi is unlikely to be updated soon, and the only "real" update I can even imagine for it would be WiFi integration if the newer iPods support that... but that's idle speculation. I doubt any upgrade will be all that noticeable, and it certainly won't obsolete your HiFi.

Edit: I guess what I should have said is this: I get a discount because of my employer. I get that discount in any Store I go to, and I see people getting Edu discounts in the Stores, so I assume it's the same in the UK. I don't, however, know that for a fact. :)

daveIT

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
AK, USA
I'd like to replace my current setup so AM/FM would be nice. Some of us still enjoy radio...that's what I'm waiting for.

Do you have to have an iPod plugged in or can I send my stuff to it with AirTunes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.