Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I decided to get AppleCare+ for the iPad Mini 6 256GB but I placed the order already and I can’t cancel since the shipping time has been extended for new orders. Is there any issue ordering it once I receive the iPad? It seems like you can but I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
No issue, but you'll lose access to certain discounts if they were available to you, like the Military Discount. That's about it.

Reactions: Avenger

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
No issues except the loss of a discount like education or military if eligible at the initial purchase, as the previous poster mentioned. You have a 60 day window to purchase Apple Care for your device and you can pay monthly or outright. It can be done directly via your iPad in Settings and you'll get reminders in there too.

Reactions: Avenger

maverick100

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2019
No issue, but you'll lose access to certain discounts if they were available to you, like the Military Discount. That's about it.
Let me explain if I can: They way to purchase and iPhone, iPad or any apple device that is covered by Apple care. When you purchase with a Military Discount; Apple requires that your purchase the complete two year plan at full price. When happens you lose almost the entire Military Discount; the cost of the Apple care plan is almost the amount of the discount. Buy the device; you have 60 days to purchase the monthly Apple Care Subscription at the Monthly price. This allows you to receive the discount. You just purchase the Apple Care right on your device; most of the time without problems.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Let me explain if I can: They way to purchase and iPhone, iPad or any apple device that is covered by Apple care. When you purchase with a Military Discount; Apple requires that your purchase the complete two year plan at full price. When happens you lose almost the entire Military Discount; the cost of the Apple care plan is almost the amount of the discount. Buy the device; you have 60 days to purchase the monthly Apple Care Subscription at the Monthly price. This allows you to receive the discount. You just purchase the Apple Care right on your device; most of the time without problems.

I don’t follow and this hasn’t been my experience.

If you purchase Apple Care+ with the device purchase for the full up front term you get it at the discounted price.

If you purchase it after the fact you get it at the full retail price without any discounts, but you’re allowed to make that purchase up to 60 days after the purchase.

I don’t know how monthly impacts it though as I’ve never signed up fore the monthly version.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I don’t follow and this hasn’t been my experience.

If you purchase Apple Care+ with the device purchase for the full up front term you get it at the discounted price.

If you purchase it after the fact you get it at the full retail price without any discounts, but you’re allowed to make that purchase up to 60 days after the purchase.

I don’t know how monthly impacts it though as I’ve never signed up fore the monthly version.
I think he is saying you can can get the monthly after purchasing with the discounts. But I am not sure how.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.