Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LEOMODE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Southern California
I remember some OS update messed up a non-MPX driver for the GPU. I have AMD reference 6900XT so I'm wondering if working with Sonoma is fine with 7,1. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I remember some OS update messed up a non-GPX driver for the GPU. I have AMD reference 6900XT so I'm wondering if working with Sonoma is fine with 7,1. Thanks in advance.
I think you mean MPX.

Anyway, just a thought, for reference card, if no one use the same card here, or no one try the new OS with that card yet. May be you can search the Hackintosh forum. They can only use the normal PC graphic cards. And many of them love to play around with the newest macOS since the first beta release. Therefore, if the PC card has any driver issue, they will know at one.

From my own experience, there is no difference between Mac Pro and Hackintosh for the PC graphic card's in macOS support. So, if the card works on their computer, the same card should also work on the 7,1.

LEOMODE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Southern California
I think you mean MPX.

Anyway, just a thought, for reference card, if no one use the same card here, or no one try the new OS with that card yet. May be you can search the Hackintosh forum. They can only use the normal PC graphic cards. And many of them love to play around with the newest macOS since the first beta release. Therefore, if the PC card has any driver issue, they will know at one.

From my own experience, there is no difference between Mac Pro and Hackintosh for the PC graphic card's in macOS support. So, if the card works on their computer, the same card should also work on the 7,1.

Correct it was MPX. Edited. And thanks for the suggestion. I agree. I will definitely check. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.