Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Its model number MP82TLL/A forgot when I bought it but its old as far as phones go.

Phone is not jailbroken

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I just got one as backup phone last week. I updated it to when I was setting it up. However so far it appears to be running fine.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
In June of any year, whatever little update iOS gets during the summer will be fine. It's approaching the end of its development.. Just before the bug ridden mess of the next version of iOS plops down

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
In June of any year, whatever little update iOS gets during the summer will be fine. It's approaching the end of its development.. Just before the bug ridden mess of the next version of iOS plops down
Unless it's a version along the lines of iOS 12, for example.

bobsax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
I just got one as backup phone last week. I updated it to when I was setting it up. However so far it appears to be running fine.
See this is whats irritating. I have an SE that is 4/5 (maybe6or7)years old but people just assume it’s a new one. Why did they do this and not call it an SE2

anyway thanks for the good info. I guess the next iOS will be when they kill it.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
See this is whats irritating. I have an SE that is 4/5 (maybe6or7)years old but people just assume it’s a new one. Why did they do this and not call it an SE2

anyway thanks for the good info. I guess the next iOS will be when they kill it.
Yeah I will have to hold back a bit before I update my SE. Not sure how wel the A9 chip will be able to handle iOS 14.

Reactions: bobsax
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.