Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JAWWC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
As title states, just wondering if anyone who pre-ordered and got "ships by June 7th" has had the status changed to shipped?
Still annoyed I missed out because of the ridiculous process of cancelling orders and re doing them over the phone to pay by finance!

Chew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2009
Not yet shipped, unfortunately. Waiting for the status to change every day - but currently, the first wave of preorders is being processed, I guess.
I'm annoyed I did not just pull the trigger at the 10th but thought I would be very reasonable and wait for another distributor with a better price. Well, with my MacBook Pro, this was a rewarding strategy, but with this brand new product, I just should have ordered. I ordered the 17th, so I'm in the "Ships until June 7th" list, whereas people which order now only get a "sometime in June" date (right?). So I guess it could be worse. Well, anticipation is the greatest pleasure, isn't it ;)

Chew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2009
I just received notification my iPad is shipping! :D Confusingly, the arrival date in the confirmation eMail is given as at or before the 10th of June, the Apple site tells me 9th of June. Well, I don't now from where it is shipped (any way to see?) so I can't say how long it should take.
Ah, and I ordered an iPad plus iPad case - but the order was split and the iPad ships now whereby the case does not ;)

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Indeed. Ordered on the 14th. Wish I had ordered sooner though.

As of yesterday the order was changed to prepared for shipment and today it changed to dispatched. It says it should get here within 7 days.

The one thing I don't get is why on the apple store the dock says that it ships within 24 hours yet the dock that I have ordered has not updated and says not yet shipped. Even my case says it should be shipped by the 7th but the dock says by 28th May and that is long gone.

ckr4282

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
So, I ordered my 3G with 32 GB on May 23, showing shipment on June 8. Today, the order page was changed to "Prepared for Shipment". Maybe it'll ship tomorrow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.