Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hello,

iOS 14 is here

Did Apple released any new security update for Mojave?
Which is the Safari 14 version and build number for Mojave?

Thanks
Camelia

Last edited:

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
The latest security update I believe is 10.14.6 (2020-04)
For what it's worth, I never ever use Safari, and just opened it without an internet connection, to check the current version. It's version 14.0 (141610.1.28.1.9). I see the current default search engine is Google.........
Also in Safari all the AutoFill web forms are selected by default - great if you like that facility, but no way would I ever agree to that, especially for credit cards, passwords and other forms.
Over the years on Macs I've always used FireFox, which is not only regularly updated but also pretty secure with default settings, and is imho the best browser for customizable privacy - these being easily tweaked within Ffox preferences for additional web security.

Last edited:

stradify

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2015
USA
I updated my 2018 MBP, 2.3Ghz/8mb Ram/ to Safari 14.0 and it's ability to now render processor intensive sites is significantly better.
Before, I'd get the banner telling me that I should consider closing the current window as I'm using substantial processor power, or wording to that effect. Now no banner and my fans are not audible whereas before they were going at top speed. I also had crashes every time I used a particular site and tried to save the work I'd done. Now no problem at all.
Well done Apple!

Speckylicious

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2019
I was promoted ito install the security fixed and Safari update on my 2026 iMac running Mojave. Now it is SUPER slow ( like taking a half hour to get to the Home Screen (after 1/2 hour installation)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.