Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Long story short, I have unsuccessfully tried to activate my iPad Air through Sprint and can't get it done. Thankfully I had gotten a T-Mobile nano sim, and I popped that in and within two minutes was up and running. However when I put the Sprint sim back in, it says it is locked.. One of their reps tried to tell me that all their devices have to have a contract. I told her that was incorrect per their own website. At that point she hung up on me. (No I wasn't yelling at her...I was a customer service rep for five years and I know that gets you nowhere!) I've got a call into Apple senior support who had been unsuccessful earlier with them as they said that only I could ask for the device to be unlocked.

It's amazing to see the contrast between my experience with T-Mobile and my experience with Sprint. T-Mobile was a breeze to activate (on an iPad Air that is supposedly locked!) and they're GIVING data away.

I had posted the problem with a screen shot of the activation problem here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.