Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Looking for tablet 10" screen, what is your opinion on Lenovo or Samsung.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
youre talking android I imagine? Don't believe either OEM updates their tablets, makes it a no deal for me

samsung makes the best android tablets, but you will probably never get an update

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
My "2014" Samsung tablet got Lollipop around Thanksgiving time last year, Samsung DOES update their tablets but they don't get the love the phones do.

I LOVE the hardware of my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 but I hate Touchwiz.

I have no opinion on Lenovo tablets. Have you looked at the Google Pixel C? It's the same size unit, aluminum construction, has an available keyboard and will get OS updates about as fast as Nexus devices do since it'll be bone stock Android.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks, I am looking for something that is low budget and for casual use, do not care about updates as long as it serve my needs, Lenovo Tab quality seems to be comparable with Samsung.

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015
Galaxy tab s, the first one, is amazing.. they ruined it with the 2nd generation. . It's had 7 updates since I got it in April, beautiful screen, the best tablet display by none.. super thin, superfast, TW Is very light these days.. no slow down whatsoever, my nexus 7 is now a coaster, it's effectively died with an upgrade.. proper ios style. . As it's 18 months old , some right bargains to be had as well...if I was getting a new tablet today it wud be the tab S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.