Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lssmit02

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
I don't know whether this means anything, but if you make any changes at all to the standard configuration to the Mac Pro right now, this changes the delivery date to 2-4 business days, including anything as minor as adding ram. I believe that only just last week, you had to change processors or add an airport card for the delivery date to change, and then it was only to 1-3 days.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Nothing is ever certain, but I'd bet money that doesn't mean anything at all.

Those ship times are only estimates, and tend to be irregular. The increased ship time on BTO orders could mean anything from the lead time on non-stock machines having an extra day on it to just the way the system calculates the wait period.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
When I got my Mac Pro, it took about a week and a half for them to get it built. It all depends on how busy they are at the Warehouse. Depending on what you were getting done its worth the wait, for instance if you want to get the bluetooth or airport upgrade later you have to send you computer out for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.