Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belgique

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2016
Ocala, Floridah
Read articles on net...says Preview can edit pdf...that is not true...No way to delete a thing in Preview...PDF to word is app is worthless...send it to garbage. I hate adobe for this. They want us a buy a way to delete their pdf...I just will not do it. Any ideas?

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
Read articles on net...says Preview can edit pdf...that is not true...No way to delete a thing in Preview...

Preview cannot edit page elements, but it can add, remove, and re-order pages. It's not billed as being able to do anything else. You might look at PDFPen if you need to edit elements within a page.

Belgique

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2016
Ocala, Floridah
text and a picture
[doublepost=1463156866][/doublepost]text & picture.....,I wish the mac OS made it possible to select and right click ANYTHING to delete....unfortunately Apple does not want to give us this feature...it would make too much sense.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
PDF wasn't designed to be an editable format, so that causes problems at times. Sometimes you have to be creative. To delete the picture, cover it with a borderless rectangle the same color as the background. Try the same with the text you want to delete.

To do much more than that, you'd have to turn to more powerful tools like PDFPen, or a graphics app that edits Adobe Illustrator files. Autodesk sells a $30 app in the App Store called Graphic. Also check out Affinity Designer ($50).

Reactions: JackRoch

Belgique

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2016
Ocala, Floridah
I refuse to pay $30 to edit one document. No other software developer demands $30 to edit a document you create with their software.......there is a special place in Hell for the Adobe Geeks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.