Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
DJY said:
The T610 and my 17" PB work very seamlessly!

Although on the weekend I did see one of the new Motorola Razr V3's!
WOW! Very cool looking phone - one that matches and compliments my PB very nicely!!!!!

So as soon as I see that that one works iva iSync I think that will most likely be my next phone!

Nah. The iPhone will be your next phone ;)

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
aswitcher said:
Nah. The iPhone will be your next phone ;)

I wish - but I don't think it is ever going to happen... especially after recent announcements of Motorola and Apple.

Anyone using a Motorola v3 RAZR and care to share their experiences / thoughts / opinion?
I still think its a great looking phone and almost bought one today.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
DJY said:
I wish - but I don't think it is ever going to happen... especially after recent announcements of Motorola and Apple.

Anyone using a Motorola v3 RAZR and care to share their experiences / thoughts / opinion?
I still think its a great looking phone and almost bought one today.

I think we can expect to see the equivalent of an iPod Shuffle memory size in a few of the new Moto phones but with a full size iPod Photo colour screen...maybe even all the features of the iPod Photo... Hey they might even put a 5 GB micro drive in their largest model and toss in a 2 megapixel camera...

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
aswitcher said:
I think we can expect to see the equivalent of an iPod Shuffle memory size in a few of the new Moto phones but with a full size iPod Photo colour screen...maybe even all the features of the iPod Photo... Hey they might even put a 5 GB micro drive in their largest model and toss in a 2 megapixel camera...

With current technology, that would be a big phone :(
It's not like the iPod minis are hollow devices, they are pact. If you were to add a 2mp camera, and the needed parts to make it a decent cell phone with things like bluetooth, I think you'd be looking at something a bit larger than the current iPod, which is too big for a phone (imho).

Someday though :)

~Tyler

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Earendil said:
With current technology, that would be a big phone :(
It's not like the iPod minis are hollow devices, they are pact. If you were to add a 2mp camera, and the needed parts to make it a decent cell phone with things like bluetooth, I think you'd be looking at something a bit larger than the current iPod, which is too big for a phone (imho).

Someday though :)

~Tyler

You think...well check these Motos out! Imagine what they have planned for later this year!

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=479 - MPx

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=491 - E680

kerpow

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
London
Lol, I just started a thread about this in the software forum as I was overjoyed by setting up my K700i with Bluetooth. It allows you to completely remote control your Mac from your phone.

Using that Salling Remote you can install plugins on the k700i which allow great navigation for iTunes and Keynote. I'll have to buy Airport Express with iTunes now, I always said it lacked a decent remote control solution.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
aswitcher said:
You think...well check these Motos out! Imagine what they have planned for later this year!

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=479 - MPx

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=491 - E680

Mmmm one is windows based... and the other just seemed ugly.
I did read rumours of different models similiar to the RAZR but can't find anything about them>?!?!?!

sigh
maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy a RAZR or stop looking for 6 months... but they do look cool!

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
DJY said:
Mmmm one is windows based... and the other just seemed ugly.
I did read rumours of different models similiar to the RAZR but can't find anything about them>?!?!?!

sigh
maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy a RAZR or stop looking for 6 months... but they do look cool!

Well with Palm dumping OSX, so its Pocket PC (phone) or Symbian.

Both synch well, although Pocket PC requires third party to really excel.

As for RAZR...ok...this is a great place to find out about phones http://cellphones.engadget.com/
and back in January
http://cellphones.engadget.com/entry/1234000197029297/
also
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/motorola/black-motorola-v3-razr-031341.php

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
FelixDerKater said:
Make sure you choose a model from SonyEricsson. They have the best Bluetooth implementation.
agreed. i love my t637. it was free and it's a great little phone that works really well with bluetooth ft and isync.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Hmm.. if it was a 15" powerbook I'd have a few recommendations but seeing its a 17"... hmm... nothing really comes to mind. :p

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
cr2sh said:
Hmm.. if it was a 15" powerbook I'd have a few recommendations but seeing its a 17"... hmm... nothing really comes to mind. :p

LOL!

Well if I hadn't been stuffed around my our evil main Telco this week - I would have had a V3!

Three different Telstra shops - kept giving me wrong information - promised to ring me back - promised to source a Premium Kit (with the bluetooth headset) and alas... nada!

Confusion reigns! Don't they actually WANT to seel phones? Different shops telling me different information, other shops changing their minds about that I can and can't buy? or what I should or shouldn't buy??!?!?!

sigh
Love the idea of some of the new Moto / Apple ideas... so I'm now tempted to wait a bit to see what comes out in the next few months (hopefully).

Do like the idea of an improved RAZR V3 - with better UI - which I'm hoping Apple will help them with. Fingers crossed.

Electric Monk

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2005
Their are a variety of new RAZR like designs coming out.

The black RAZR V3 which is a (flat) black RAZR V3. Nothing new and out any day now.

The PEBL V6 a rounded flip phone (out Q3, probably Q4 or Q1 next year).

The SLVR V8 a candybar version of the RAZR V3 (out Q3).

The RAZRberry a ultra thin smart phone based on the MPx (out probably Q1 next year).

An actual upgraded RAZR V3 is unlikely.

The actual iTunes phone (ROKR) will not be out for some time and is held under strict security.

I have a RAZR V3 and I like it, but all I need and use it for is as a phone. i.e. no bluetooth syncing via iSync (can use OnSync for contacts only, or USB iSync), no Sailing Clicker.

However pairing it as a bluetooth device works fine for pictures, audio, modem use.

Cfly

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2004
I just switched from rogers, traded in my old samsung x426, and was able to get a motorola v710 from telus. It was only 149.99 if you sign up for a 3 year contract, and switch from rogers. You also get a year free. Not a bad deal.

i like the phone alot but havent tried out bluetooth yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.