Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
I´m going to buy FCE when it becomes UB, as I don´t really need the whole FCS.

Has there been any rumors on when this might happen?

macpastor

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2006
Last I heard was May/June for FCE. It sucks to have to wait, but that seems to be the last thing they are concerned about.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Conference takes place in April in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is the event where the past several years Apple has released new versions of Final Cut Studio.

It's virtually guaranteed we'll get a new version of FC Studio, and possibly FCE.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
FF_productions said:
Do you have a intel mac? Your sig tells me you have an iBook, meaning you don't need to wait for a universal version...I hope I'm not sounding like an idiot.
http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/

Sorry, should have been more clear. I have a 20" iMac on the way. I don´t want to jinx it by adding it to my sig before I get my hands on it;)

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
FF_productions said:
I see, I guess you'll have to wait until may-june for universal version...Unless you want to get Final Cut Studio...

Im in the same boat... but A new computer... and FCS is waaay to crazy on the bank account... lol

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
FC-Studio '6' not until after June 26th at least?

RBMaraman said:
NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Conference takes place in April in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is the event where the past several years Apple has released new versions of Final Cut Studio.

I'm waiting for an NAB announcement for Final Cut Studio '6', but wasn't expecting it to be available for some time after that.

However I spotted this promotion for an Final Cut Studio discount when you buy a new PowerMac, iMac or MacBook Pro. It says it'll end June 26th.

So I'm assuming FCS6 won't be made available until after this date, in which case I think I'll be picking up 5.1 sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.