Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barbeyg

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
My husband upgraded from his SE. LOVES the mini, and loves FaceID over touch. We both do (I got the Max). The few times we have to key in our password are no biggie fie us.

Reactions: slplss

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
I prefer white bezels, too! Thank you for sharing and making me feel less alone in this big world. :)
Okay, you, me, and the four people who gave a 'like' to the post about liking white bezels makes six--that seems enough to start a petition. I don't know how Apple could bring back the white bezels, but c'moooooooon, Apple, bring back those white bezels!

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I thought about upgrading from my SE1 but am leaning towards waiting another year. I have a mix of reasons. One is that touch ID is better when I am at the store with a face mask. While it is the least expensive of the 12s it is still more than what I really want to spend right now. Also I am still happy with my original SE and just not feeling a need to change. I know that at some point I will need to move on. Just not right now.

Yep, that's where I ended up also.

I bought a pristine refurb OEM screen from MobileSentrix and fixed my SE1 128GB and everything is perfect again for under $25.

I'm glad I let the initial excitement wash over me and move on, because for me the Mini is ever so slightly some compromises.

- No TouchID (I vastly prefer it in the masked world we are in for now)
- No Headphone Jack (I use this daily)
- Slightly taller and wider and definitely heavier
- VERY expensive (especially relative to already owning an SE1 that just needed $25 to be "new" again)
- SE1 is up and running iOS 14.2 absolutely beautifully. Nothing about it makes we frustrated, etc at all

If I come across a buyers remorse seller on Craigslist or something in the months ahead, maybe I'd consider it - but I sort of doubt it. It'd have to be a screaming deal since it's only partially an upgrade for my usages (see points above).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.