Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olindacat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Greenwich
I haven't the time to DIY my own hosting, and don't see a current thread on solutions so thought I'd start a new one.

Where do those of us who use Mac Mail on our laptops, iMacs, Minis, and phones go for email hosting?

I have been a siteground.com customer for over five years. They used to be great. Now they are the worst, and I have had many websites and email accounts over the years at networksolutions.com, godaddy.com, wpengine.com, hostgator.com, and about six others whose names escape me.

My annual renew is up in four days and I really want to move away from siteground.com. It will involve my moving a lot of websites, disrupting my digital life, but they are that terrible. (I know some love them, still. I did, but not any more. Support there is hard to find, YMMV with each person you speak to, and all push you to DIY everything, or pay their 'partners' though the nose. I'm done with them.)

But... only if I can find something better lol.

Is anyone using a separate email hosting service from web hosting? I use IMAP and point my domains. I think it is called SMTP... the service I mean... not a programmer.

Any suggestions much appreciated! Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.