Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caranddriver

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
Apple updated their physical gift card packaging to now use a card printed with the gift card number with an complimentary Apple sticker on the opposite side inside a sealed envelope. This seems to be an improved design compared to the old one where the actual gift card number was exposed on the outside of the packaging with a sticker that could be removed and carefully be put back on.

There was the fiasco with the poor Target gift card purchasers some years ago that bought cards in store where the balance was removed off the card not long after purchase with the old design.

Has anyone heard of similar theft/scams with the new design (see my photo below of sealed and opened)? I'd really like to get the rest of the sticker designs but don't need to put them on my balance right away/may use them as future family/friend presents. I'd like to hope the balances wouldn't be stolen. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.