Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
SOLVED! Just an update for anyone that might come across this later and needs the info.

It appears that Apple had hidden the backgrounds in some unreadable cpbitmap file. A tweak has been developed to change that file to a readable jpg that you can work with!!

Download WallpaperJPEGifier in Cydia. (this developer is a genius!)
Your location to set your own wallpaper preferences in any theme will now be: /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/Converted-Lock(or Home)Background.jpg

:D :cool:

Hope someone can answer this question for me. I tried to register at macthemes.net where there is a large thread on this type of subject, but they arent accepting new registrations. :eek:

I downloaded an old theme to work on my iPhone 4 5.0.1. (fiftyfootshadowsHD) Even though the theme is old and hasn't been updated in sometime, it still works...its just that the mods for it dont because of the new file system in iOS5.

Previously, the background location to reference was:

/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg

so that I could set my own background for this theme instead of using theirs. However, this folder no longer exists and I cant find out where the wallpapers are stored.

I did find /library/wallpaper/iphone and there are a bunch of files here, however these appear to be the stock wallpapers that come with the iPhone. What I want is the location of the file that is overwritten or location of the file when you select a photo from your camera roll to use as a background.

I hope this makes sense and sorry so long, but can anyone help? This is the only thing holding up my highly desired theme. Thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.