Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akaalienwarrior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2019
Hello, I recently purchased this iPad pro smart case from eBay for a fair price and was wondering if anybody knew of a way to remove these sticker stains from the case? Any ideas on how to safely clean these types of silicone cases? Thanks!
s-l1600.jpg

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Hello, I recently purchased this iPad pro smart case from eBay for a fair price and was wondering if anybody knew of a way to remove these sticker stains from the case? Any ideas on how to safely clean these types of silicone cases? Thanks!
s-l1600.jpg

I hope someone responds with a solution to this issue. I don’t use mine much, so no problems so far.

However, my Apple non-keyboard folio had to be replaced by Apple as it was deteriorating from simple handling. The replacement isn’t too far behind in weird wear.

I’m afraid even a moist, soft, towel cleaning is going to bring out the weird ‘wet” cardboard effect my first folio. I was told by the Apple rep. I, “Must have sweaty hands’. :rolleyes:

It seems that these covers are highly permeable to moisture and finger oils and don’t respond well to cleaning.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
The material that Apple uses for their covers and keyboard do not respond very well to cleaning. I tried cleaning a cover on a model that I traded in for my iPad Pro and it only made things worse. Probably best to just wipe it with a slightly damp cloth or not do anything to it at all.

Reactions: jazz1

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
there were white sponges that called something like "magic sponge", don't remember at all. they were great for cleaning the bottom part of white unibody MacBooks from 2009 & 2010. Both the materials seem similar to me.

Reactions: J.J. Sefton
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.