Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lewis Hollow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I've read on multiple forums about the static-like sounds/tones that could be heard through headphones plugged directly into the latest SR MBP's. I want to get one for recording music (via Logic), but this issue is one that has kept me away. Frankly, I find it unacceptable for such an expensive machine.

I seem to recall some saying that it's an unfixable problem that won't be remedied until new architecture is implemented. Can anyone confirm this? Or, does anyone know if the problem has been resolved recently? Anyone do music and deal with this issue...how has that experience been? I think I would rather wait until next year than have a computer with this problem.

Thanks as always...

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
When you say architecture, do you mean hardware or software side?

If it's fixed with Leopard, that will be awesome! Either way, I have a Week 35 Macbook Pro, and I occasionally get the static that every talks about. Rather annoying...

Lewis Hollow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Yeah, I meant on the hardware side...I'd heard that's where the problem lies, and that it can't really be fixed without a complete re-do (although this could be totally wrong). If Leopard fixes the issue, that would certainly be tremendous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.