Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
I am patiently waiting for the jailbreak to be released, especially after the news saying that they found security bug which Apple tried to correct urging users to iOS 14.4..
Do you guys have any inside information or news?

Lwii2boo

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Paris, France
Just wondering what is the point of jailbreaking nowadays ?
Extra customisation ? Having exclusive apps ?

Is it possible to update iOS while keeping the JB most of the time ?

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021

I use to it to remove the annoying Homebar at the bottom LOL
And there are other features that I enjoy having..
Even though, iOS has caught up a lot

uecker87

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
Madison, WI

I use it for a number of things. I like to speed up animations, customize my Lock Screen, use an always on display, have 5 apps in my dock, double tap to sleep, show battery percent instead of icon on status bar, CarPlayEnable (allows any app on CarPlay), single swipe away notifications, change CC to a swipe from bottom corner instead of top, and an app to mimic the upcoming Apple Watch unlock while wearing a mask.

The possibilities are literally endless. I am an old Android user so I want that freedom and customization.

That being said, I had gone 4 months with a stock iPhone so jailbreaking isn’t a must for me but something I always do when available.

Reactions: sand_man

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
Not sure if OP doesn’t know, but there is a jailbreak for 14.3 on all iOS devices. Running it on my 12 Pro.
I actually just found out and I’m looking for a way to download the jailbreak without using Altstore (I’m running an older version of macOS and Altstore only works on the latest version), how’s stability for you? I heard it’s crashing a lot

uecker87

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
Madison, WI
Works well for me. If I have any crashing etc then I normally can isolate it to a single tweak and just uninstall the problem one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.