Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawindmg08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Definitely going to update my 2014 MacBook Pro soon, would love to hear of anyone's experience with Mojave on that machine. I have the latest version of Safari on High Sierra and there are some issues, hoping they get ironed out with the OS upgrade.

Also thinking of updating our office Mac Pros (2013 trashcans), more concerned that those will be okay but I feel like I'll need to update those at some point as we've clung to Yosemite for a while and a lot of software needs a newer system.

Bonus points if you're using Adobe Creative Cloud and you can tell me how well the 2018 and 2019 apps are running!

TIA,
D

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Definitely going to update my 2014 MacBook Pro soon, would love to hear of anyone's experience with Mojave on that machine. I have the latest version of Safari on High Sierra and there are some issues, hoping they get ironed out with the OS upgrade.

Also thinking of updating our office Mac Pros (2013 trashcans), more concerned that those will be okay but I feel like I'll need to update those at some point as we've clung to Yosemite for a while and a lot of software needs a newer system.

Bonus points if you're using Adobe Creative Cloud and you can tell me how well the 2018 and 2019 apps are running!

TIA,
D
Risking your own MacBook Pro is a different matter. You know what you do.
But your Office MacPros 2013 will work perfectly well and all software would acept for instance Sierra or High Sierra, definitively more up to date than Yosemite and entirely developed. Mojave will find its best bug free condition in about 9 months from now when the next MacOS will appear.
Some wise people have written that they jump to the last version of any OS issued as the final and safest one... when a newer OS appears on the horizon.
I intend to follow their thoughts. No need to fight with bugs just to boast I am running the very newest MacOS.
My humble piece of advise.
Ed

Marmee

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2017
I have a late 2014 MBP and have been on Mojave OS since November 2018 and have updated to the latest version. No problems.

Reactions: martyjmclean

dawindmg08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Los Angeles
FYI I did update ALL of my Macs -- MBP14, iMac 2017 and Mac Mini 14 at home, Two Mac Pros and an iMac 2013 at the office. No major issues to report. Been one of the smoothest OS upgrades in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.