Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hey guys on previous ios versions it was possible to change the font color of text on the home screen etc.

I tried some of those earlier methods but none seem to work now?

Has anyone been able to change their font color on ios 7. By colors I don't mean just black or white. I mean green, orange, pink etc.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
I am jailbroken but still have not found a way to change the font color. I did install font colour changer from cydia but no dice. Can you provide me with a little more info please?

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Thanks totally, that totally explains it :)
I am on 7.1.2 and after trying a variety of apps no change to the font color, particularly of the font of the homescreen icons.
Hoping that a developer will be able to come with a solution for 7.1.2 soon.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I want to be able to change the color of links in Notes to any color other than that yellow and the white text inside green text bubbles to black like the other (grey) bubble in conversation.

Both of those instances are difficult for me to read. (Not JB.)

Last edited:

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
lelisa13p you can do that with an app called uicolors for $1.49. You need to jailbreak though.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hey white4s I have springtomize 3 on my 5s running 7.1.2 and you cannot change the font color of icons on the homescreen.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Yup uicolors does a good job of changing the font color everywhere else in the OS but it cannot change font on the homescreen. I think I may follow you and take off the labels as well.

Need to check it sprintomize can remove the labels.

By the way talking to you in this thread is like a throwback to past times when it was so much easier to just talk to someone in a thread :cool:

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Yup uicolors does a good job of changing the font color everywhere else in the OS but it cannot change font on the homescreen. I think I may follow you and take off the labels as well.

Need to check it sprintomize can remove the labels.

By the way talking to you in this thread is like a throwback to past times when it was so much easier to just talk to someone in a thread :cool:

it does, it's in the pages tab, one of the first things i disabled actually. i like a clean & simple look so i have no labels nor widgets, just icons.

haha yea forums were much simpler back then, all it is now is bickering like lil kids. i try to keep from it but time to time i let myself get caught up lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.