Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeezyWally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2017
Marbella, Spain
It's currently downloading in the app store and I cant cancel it, is there a way to delete it when it is done? Thanks!

dKp1DAo.png
dKp1DAo.png

stol

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Greece
Long press to enable deleting.
Then go to Applications folder and remove the incomplete download (if any)

Last edited:

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Same as any App Store app; long-press to enter "wiggle mode", then hit the X that appears on the app. You should also be able to cancel the download from the App Store under the "Purchased" tab.

macsba

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2015
Next to my Mac.
Stol and Redheeler, the OP was talking about the Mac. Not an Apple iOS device.

This is about the macOS High Sierra for the Macintosh.

Enjoy.

stol

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Greece

Enjoy.

Huh? It's pretty obvious it's about macOS.
Have you ever tried what we propose?

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013

Enjoy.

I think he forgot to mention that you must click on LaunchPad, then long press on the app you want to delete....it is similar to the way on an iPad/iPhone.

I think most of us, do not use LaunchPad.... I could be wrong...I think in the past years (3 , 4, 5 etc??) years since it was introduced, I have intentional clicked it twice. It seems so unnatural, I like going to Appliations, and opening an application.....frequent apps belong on the dock....I might just be too old, and like the the Apple ][GS way.....

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA

Enjoy.
In case you are not aware, Launchpad (shown in the OP's screenshot) is an app first introduced in Mac OS X Lion that emulates the iOS home screen on MacOS by providing a scrolling paged view of your applications and virtual folders for organization.

This also means can enter "wiggle mode" and delete App Store apps there, as well as drag any apps around or on top of each other to create folders, just like the iOS home screen.

macsba

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2015
Next to my Mac.
Hi stol, mikecwest, and redheeler;

I wasn't aware of that feature from Launchpad. Yeah, all I knew was when Launchpad is selected, the apps would be displayed like iOS.

Learn something new each day. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.