Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spooky69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
For example, when opening iPhoto I would like it to always open in full-screen mode. Is this possible? I have had a look around but could not find an answer.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
For example, when opening iPhoto I would like it to always open in full-screen mode. Is this possible? I have had a look around but could not find an answer.

Just close it while in full screen and it will open in full screen.

?:D

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Even Safari fs is flaky sometimes, if it crashes it won't go auto fs at times. I hit close window while in fs and clicked the dock icon it did not go fs. Let's not get started on the auto restore of tabs, sometimes they don't load the page at all all you see is the web page title name in the tab, haha weird as hell.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Does full-screen Safari still support tabs or are you relegated to a single tab. I love the idea of full-screen windows, but would still like multiple tabs within that view.

westonm

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
Does full-screen Safari still support tabs or are you relegated to a single tab. I love the idea of full-screen windows, but would still like multiple tabs within that view.
Safari still supports tabs in full-screen. :)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Would you believe that I quit iPhoto while it was in full screen and it didn't re-open in full screen, so I came here and searched for an answer and didn't find one, so I then posted my question.

If iPhoto was already exhibiting the behaviour I want then I would not have come here asking the question.

Sorry I didn't try iPhoto but I think I see the problem. iPhoto doesn't have the full screen top right arrows like Safari/iWork and other Apps that are Lion ready and support full screen mode. I bet it still needs an update to take full advantage of Lion.

spooky69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
I have got the latest iPhoto and it does have the arrows for full screen.

spooky69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Should it remember the previous state even if you quite the application or are you supposed to close the application from full screen in some other way?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Should it remember the previous state even if you quite the application or are you supposed to close the application from full screen in some other way?

I just tried Preview, Pages, Numbers and Safari. They all reopen in full screen after quitting. So yes iPhoto (I need to update iLife) should also support previous state. If it's not it MUST be a bug.

spooky69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
I will reboot my machine this evening and try again. If it doesn't work then I guess it will need to be reported. Do you have a quick link for how to do that? I haven't searched for that!! ;-)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I will reboot my machine this evening and try again. If it doesn't work then I guess it will need to be reported. Do you have a quick link for how to do that? I haven't searched for that!! ;-)

First: does Preview and/or Safari, Mail, iTunes,... work for you when you exit full screen/reopen?

How to report a bug.

Last edited:

spooky69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Just tried Safari and it remembers the previous state and opens in full screen, so it must be a bug in iPhoto. I will look at that link you posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.