Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenewone

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2013
IFTTT has a trigger to upload all new photos from Camera Roll to, say, Google Drive. But it can't delete them from Google Drive automatically (as in a trigger "every photo deleted from Camera Roll, delete from Google Drive").

A little workaround I do (so I don't have EVERY photo uploaded to my Google Drive) is to have the trigger: "every photo added to Album 'Keep' upload to Google Drive." This way only the photos that I think are truly worth keeping get uploaded. Then I periodically clean out my entire Camera Roll, knowing all my "keeps" are backed up.

I hope IFTTT adds support for Mega soon, as then an additional 50GB of free "cloud" storage would available! :D

Last edited:

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
IFTTT has a trigger to upload all new photos from Camera Roll to, say, Google Drive. But it can't delete them from Google Drive automatically (as in a trigger "every photo deleted from Camera Roll, delete from Google Drive").

A little workaround I do (so I don't have EVERY photo uploaded to my Google Drive) is to have the trigger: "every photo added to Album 'Keep' upload to Google Drive." This way only the photos that I think are truly worth keeping get uploaded. Then I periodically clean out my entire Camera Roll, knowing all my "keeps" are backed up.

I hope IFTTT adds support for Mega soon, as then an additional 50GB of free "cloud" storage would available! :D
If you don't already know about it, box is currently offering 50 GB for free with each newly registered free account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.