Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
My 24" iMac just shipped yesterday and coincidentally, as of next week, I wont be able to use my TV anymore. I currently have a PS2 Slim and a Wii.
I have 2 systems, no TV, and a new iMac (config in the sig). Is there anyway to send the audio and video from each system to the computer and play it off that? Would the Wii sensor bar work too? Thanks.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
You would need to hook up something like the Elgato EyeTV to it and send the signal through composite cables. You would probably be better off buying a 19" monitor with component inputs and then using the consoles on that. That way you could have a two monitor iMac and a decent console set up.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
You would need to hook up something like the Elgato EyeTV to it and send the signal through composite cables. You would probably be better off buying a 19" monitor with component inputs and then using the consoles on that. That way you could have a two monitor iMac and a decent console set up.

Though I'm sure your idea with the monitor would work, I'm know that serious of a gamer to spend a few hundred dollars just for a few months. I'vw look at the EyeTV a few times nad I think I get the general idea of, but how am I to connect composite inputs to it?

booksacool1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2004
Australia
Just make sure its lag-free. The external TV/AV cards often have a small amount of lag involved which may or may not be playable.

This is often the case if the video processing is done outside the computer.

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Right, depends on the EyeTV model used. Those that do their own processing tend to make console connections unusable; those that offload all computations to your Mac should be good enough for console use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.