Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HandyMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Nearly every time I awaken my iPhone (6s, iOS 13.4.1) there's a notice to update to a later iOS version, requiring me to tap twice (with no "don't nag me again" option) before I can use the phone. It's working fine as it is, I don't particularly want to update to 13.5.1. Is there any way to turn off this nag?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Nearly every time I awaken my iPhone (6s, iOS 13.4.1) there's a notice to update to a later iOS version, requiring me to tap twice (with no "don't nag me again" option) before I can use the phone. It's working fine as it is, I don't particularly want to update to 13.5.1. Is there any way to turn off this nag?
Check in your storage settings to see if the update might already be downloaded, and if it is delete it there. That should stop it for a while at least (until it might get automatically downloaded again and start asking you to install again).

Similar discussion at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-stop-ios-13-updates.2236999/ might be of some help as well.

Reactions: dk001

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012

iOS 13.6 is coming out with a option that will allow you to turn off iOS updates but you most be welling to upgrade to that too have that option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.