Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmbooks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2005
California
Hello,

I save lots of articles (in Safari) by sending them to myself in emails to open on my laptop. Is there a way to not have to type my email in every time? I’d like to have my own email as one of the default options when I’ve clicked the share icon.

Okay, my question might not have been very clear. Let's say I want to send myself a webpage link in an email (so I can open later on my laptop). When I hi the share icon, there are app options (Messages, Mail, Twitter, etc) and there are a selection of individuals I typically/recently message (I believe with the most recent on) the left. Occasionally I see an option for Mail (again, for someone recently emailed). What I want, if possible, is to set as a default, me and my email. This way I can click once and send, versus having to click the Mail app icon, then typing in my address before sending.

I know, not very important in the big scheme of things, but a minor bother repeated a dozen times a day becomes more than a bother.

Thanks in advance

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
No, there is not. If you have another device nearby, you can airdrop it. That is faster than typing in your email every time. That doesn’t streamline what you're asking specifically though.

Reactions: pmbooks

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
Maybe I’m misunderstanding but.... I assume you have an iPhone and Windows laptop? Expensive solution, get a MacBook, free solution use Chrome on both so have shared history and bookmarks. But you’ve been around forever so must know that - what am I missing?

Five_Oh

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2017
Flyover Country, USA
You mentioned you were using Safari, so why don’t you add whatever you browsing to the reading list? Unless Spud is right and you are using a Windows machine.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
What you could do is setup a keyboard shortcut to automatically Place your email in. You can do something simple such as z and have it replace z with your email address..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.