Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EsTriFee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
So hopefully someone has the answer to this.

I installed mavericks on a computer and during the setup i linked it to my icloud. However i thought i messed it up and did a clean install again and reformatted the disk again. However I had a page still open in safari on the previous version and it now shows up in my icloud tabs as if it was left on the computer. I searched the internet for hours with no luck of finding any way to unlink that computer.

The main thing is the tabs since i don't think i see anything else from that computer anywhere and it doesn't seem like it has anything stored in the icloud.

Is authorizing all computers in itunes going to help? i did enter where it says how many computers are authorized and it says two... which i assume are the mac and the windows partitions .. Is it possible that the other one doesnt come up?

The computer is a pc *a hackintosh* if that influences this in any way? [want to try out mac os before jumping ship]

I'm sorry if there was a thread like this before but i didn't find in search.Thank you for the answers!

Last edited:

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
The Safari tabs will remain for about 7-10 days, then they'll disappear. It's happened to me a few times when I've wiped my iOS devices without closing the Safari tabs first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.