Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
My Tiger Sierra Theme has NO ICONS in the current beta! Can you believe it? :O

In the end, I plan to implement a .pkg that will upgrade the icons. For now, however, I'd like a temporary solution. I have an iContainer (CandyBar file) with a bunch of Sierra icons. The only thing I can get changed on CandyBar for Tiger is the disk and folder icons, no application icons. I tried the Yosemite Pack also, no luck. Is there some trick I'm missing to use an iContainer in Tiger?

spf2

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2015
7exas
Some iContainers can be opened with Pixadex 2.0.2 . I ran into some problems importing recent icns and icontainers in the old Candybar and Pixadex. I find that importing pngs (from places like deviantart and other icon sources) into Pixadex and changing with Candybar to work. Only problem is you don't have the multiple icon sizes like importing icns.

You can even export icns to png using commandline sips.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1060156/sipsicns.html

Your choices are very limited with Tiger and PPC in general. Just my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmazingHenry

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Well, I can get to the icons just fine (I have a folder of them), but the iContainer I'm using has an option to automatically change the icon for each app so you don't have to do it manually while in Leopard. Was hoping to get that on Tiger. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.