Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I tried to get information from Honda, and it was not helpful ... :)

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Well, can you tell that to the honda representative that was CERTAIN that the current Civic did have carplay. My explanation of carplay vs hondalink was met with, "Well, aren't those the same thing?"

:)

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
Expect 3rd party kits to flood the market within a month or two.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I to want CarPlay on my next Honda that I'm going to purchase soon and this is important to me. I don't like the idea that HondaLink Maps require Data usage with my limited data plan and having the need in inserting not only the lightning cable but an HDMI cable as well. CarPlay only requires the lightning cable.

Haven't asked my dealer yet but waiting until the new 2015 Honda Fit hits the streets. Too early for any real information, but wish someone soon will have some answers.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I tried to get information from Honda, and it was not helpful ... :)

So far the only really confirmed that I can think of is the Ferrari California T and the Mercedes-Benz C class. Those two will have it available when they start going on sale later this year.

It can be safe to assume that any car supporting Siri Eyes-Free will probably get an update, and I know Honda already confirmed new models supporting CarPlay later this year (the 2015 Fit being one I think)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Any word from car manufacturers about release of carplay vehicles??

Lol, people are choosing their next car based on this feature?

As at least one contributing factor, sure why not.

By many factors a Honda Fit is an excellent car. If he's going to get one anyway and ticks all his needs.

It's not like is talking about needing a F350 for hauling a boat, but in order to get CarPlay he's going to make a Fit try to do that job.

Infotainment systems have been notoriously clunky and craptastic.

----------

It got me looking too. New Civic SI is the sort of replacement to my RSX. And ive had this girl for ages it seems. So I've taken a look.

But
Its lost power, lower revs
Lost the double wishbone suspension
Downgraded to a trunk, rather than a fastback with fold flat rear seats.
Appears to have lost its tach in instrument cluster

Cost reduced to all hell. Probably part of the Acura->Honda brand transition.

Itching to replace but everything on market is a huge downgrade... Ill look for a pioneer aftermarket solution down the road.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I just hope manufacturers dont make it available on new models only. I have a 2012 and there is a USB connection currently for my phone to play music so it should be available via software update if they so choose.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida

Wrong...I selected my new vehicle on the manufacture, and vehicle itself. Having CarPlay is a plus and willing to wait a bit for it. If it does not, I will still purchase the vehicle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.