Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtrain907

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
Right now, iCloud won't update pages changes from yosemite to ios 7, it will only work for iOS 8. Hoping this will change when the public beta comes out.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I thought I read that if you installed the Beta Version of Pages on iOS 7 then they would work. If true, then I would think the final versions could be installed on iOS 7 if Apple Allowed it.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
i'm limited in my ability to fully test at the moment. From what I've seen though is using iOS 8 and Yosemite with iCloud basically moves your iCloud files to a new location in iCloud that is only accessible to applications that target the new OS's.

What I assume they are doing is on first instance of trying to use the App, they are actually moving the files to a newer instances of iCloud that has features or some sort of abilities that the current now 2 year old version of iCloud doesn't support. This is just an assumption, but it makes sense that they are handling iCloud Documents and iCloud Drive slightly differently.

This is something that I'd imagine has more to do with something as trivial (though simplified in perspective) as looking at icloud.com (for current stable OS's) and beta.icloud.com (for iOS 8 and Yosemite).

i know for iOS 8 users there is a new version of Pages, Keynote, and Numbers that probably point to the new location. I'd imagine that for any iCloud Documents (current version of this) it will work fine with existing apps though.

For example, i don't have the new iWorks suite on my iPad Air so they don't seem to work at all. But PDFPen which hasn't been updated (quite frankly a piece of junk but syncs PDF's across devices) works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.