Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mithicaI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2015
Texas
I installed OS X El Capitan on my Early 2015 MacBook Pro for some testing. I was surprised at how stable everything seemed — there was nothing out of place but a few graphical issues on Photoshop CC and some other apps (nothing I couldn't live without). However, recently, in the last few days, I started noticing that whenever I let the MacBook on 'sleep mode' overnight, the battery would go from 90-something percent, to somewhere around 20-something percent. This morning I awoke with it at 4% even.

I figured it must be the beta for sure, but I've yet to see any documented evidence of anyone else encountering these issues, especially since El Capitan is supposed to improve battery. So, just wanted to check with people from iMore who have installed the new OS X and if they have encountered any similar issues.

Prior to installing the new OS X, I had gone 2 weeks on sleep mode at one point last month and battery barely reached 75% so I'm thinking it's definitely a factor, I just want to confirm my battery hasn't started messing up for some other reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.