Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dshootist

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
A little background on this model:
It was designed by a group called MLT (Mac Like Things) and to be portable (it should have had a 5v ADB power supply; i don't have the AC adapter but it does take 4 AA batteries). it includes the bulky base with the big 50 pin centronix connector. IIRC it was meant to play those wonderful Photo CDs from KODAK. Class 1 laser product.
S/N: P133281V856B
No remote or AC adapter.
unfortunately, i don't have a SCSI connection for anything anymore, so i'm not sure as to whether or not it is operable. it's been sitting in a closet for about 10 years, so hasn't had much use. see photo for condition.

Attachments

• apple_cd.jpg
    apple_cd.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 158

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
cool! I may be interested... I have a SCSI cable I could use with it... How much are you looking for?

dshootist

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
macEfan said:
cool! I may be interested... I have a SCSI cable I could use with it... How much are you looking for?

not sure as of yet. checking on responses first and researching on sites. i'll let you know soon, though.:) i might even be able to dig up the AC adapter...

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Checked, 8 AA cells. Strange product this one, I have a collection of Apple Fact books (given to dealers to showcase new and existing products specifications) and ARPLE dealer CDs. The PowerCD only featured on the CD and then only an image and some line art. Everyother product has a DS sheet (data/spec info) and has a page in the books all except the PowerCD.

It seems from the marketing info I have that Apple did not promote this item even though it was clearly an Apple branded product. I do remember it being sold in MacWarehouse etc and it was quite expensive other than that little information officially from Apple. Bit odd?

http://guides.macrumors.com/PowerCD

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
dshootist said:
nope. all i've got right now is the player itself and the base... still looking for the AC adpter, though. apparently, i've got a lot of cable to sift through.
ok, thanks for taking the time to look for it... I really apprciate it!

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
dshootist said:
nope. all i've got right now is the player itself and the base... still looking for the AC adpter, though. apparently, i've got a lot of cable to sift through.
did you get a chance to find the AC adaptor yet? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.