Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Would like to know how it fits. I think the speaker orientation and the .5mm are the only differences.

makavelli

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2013
I got a 4th gen Zugu Alpha on a 5th gen IPad Pro 12.9. The only issue is the speaker grills don’t line up perfectly
06bedc9e9d021e039c0fcc0abda7b0ef.jpg

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I haven’t noticed any issues with sound
Any issues with using the buttons, or that extra thickness of the iPad? Or the Apple Pencil? I was just looking at Amazon and thinking of ordering one myself. They have a 60 day return policy so I’d be within that time frame when my ipad gets here but I’d feel more confident based on your experiences. The Zugu site just says out of stock for the 5th gen, I never saw it in stock.

GadgetComa

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
I took a chance and just order this case from Amazon. Prime shipping gets it here same day! Once my iPad arrives, I'll try it out and let you know.
My Amazon order was delayed to tomorrow but it looks like we have an answer.

makavelli

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2013
Any issues with using the buttons, or that extra thickness of the iPad? Or the Apple Pencil? I was just looking at Amazon and thinking of ordering one myself. They have a 60 day return policy so I’d be within that time frame when my ipad gets here but I’d feel more confident based on your experiences. The Zugu site just says out of stock for the 5th gen, I never saw it in stock.

Only issue is the grill. The case is snug, but fits. You may have issues with a screen protector. Buttons line up correctly. Camera cutout is normal.

Reactions: papbot

GeeDuhb

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
I honestly don’t believe they ever were in stock. I think the pages on their site are placeholders. On their Instagram page, they replied to comments saying the 11” case was coming in June and the 12.9” was coming in July. So I am assuming they were waiting to get their hands on the iPads to confirm fit instead of going with the leaked specks/dummy units that always float around from supply Chain leaks.

Reactions: papbot

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Only issue is the grill. The case is snug, but fits. You may have issues with a screen protector. Buttons line up correctly. Camera cutout is normal.
Thanks! I never use a screen protector so that won’t be an issue.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I honestly don’t believe they ever were in stock. I think the pages on their site are placeholders.
I believe you are correct. I signed up for email notifications but have never gotten one. And I’ve purchased several cases from them in the past so I’m in their system.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Yep, the preorder is up now. Thinking about this fantastic case and the Logitech Combo Touch. My wife just got an Air 4 and we have the Zugu case on order. I'll have to play with hers and think on it.
I just preordered it on Amazon’s site. The Zugu site still just says out of stock, no preorder available. Not sure what’s going on but I got Amazon’s email conformation. I’m sure they’ll cancel the order if there’s a problem. They have done that in the past with similar sellers.

GadgetComa

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
I just preordered it on Amazon’s site. The Zugu site still just says out of stock, no preorder available. Not sure what’s going on but I got Amazon’s email conformation. I’m sure they’ll cancel the order if there’s a problem. They have done that in the past with similar sellers.
I preordered right after I read this thread and got a delivery date of 7/2 - 7/8. I just got a notice from FedEx that it’s shipped and will be here 6/10!

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I preordered right after I read this thread and got a delivery date of 7/2 - 7/8. I just got a notice from FedEx that it’s shipped and will be here 6/10!
I finally gave up and canceled my order. I found another case that is essentially a knockoff of Zugu’s that was in stock and came quickly, about 20-30$ less. Its actually very nice and extremely convenient. Uses the same magnetic stand feature that Zugu does. I love the Zugu cases and have only good things to say about the company but I wanted something in a little more timely manner and this is working nicely.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I finally gave up and canceled my order. I found another case that is essentially a knockoff of Zugu’s that was in stock and came quickly, about 20-30$ less. Its actually very nice and extremely convenient. Uses the same magnetic stand feature that Zugu does. I love the Zugu cases and have only good things to say about the company but I wanted something in a little more timely manner and this is working nicely.

The one from ZtotopCases? If so, one reviewer mentioned the case slipping off the edges easily and difficulty with the power button - see these issues?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
The one from ZtotopCases? If so, one reviewer mentioned the case slipping off the edges easily and difficulty with the power button - see these issues?
That’s the one. No slipping but flexible enough that you can get the iPad out without worrying about damaging the device like some cases. Zugu is similar, not a rigid frame that you curse at while trying to get the iPad out. The power button is recessed into the cutout on the case so you have to point your finger straight into it and not just press the pad of your finger down on it. Once you realize that it’s easy. And the button is well protected from any accidental pressing. It’s a very nice case given the price. No complaints. The Zugus are made better but for $30 or so less, and current availability this is quite nice.

Reactions: sparksd

GeeDuhb

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
I JUST came here to to post the same thing, except I didn’t see any notification…I walked out on my porch and saw a FedEx package (which I rarely ever get) and was like wtf is this? And I saw Zugu on the label and was very excited! So glad we preordered when we did!

LadyCiel

macrumors member
May 31, 2011
I JUST came here to to post the same thing, except I didn’t see any notification…I walked out on my porch and saw a FedEx package (which I rarely ever get) and was like wtf is this? And I saw Zugu on the label and was very excited! So glad we preordered when we did!
Which iPad size? I got my zugu today and am not impressed with the fit on the 11”. I started a thread on it. Maybe they did better on the 12.9”?

makavelli

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2013
I got my Zugu case for my 12.9 iPad Pro 2021 today and have absolutely no complaints. Top notch case and fits perfectly.

GeeDuhb

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
Which iPad size? I got my zugu today and am not impressed with the fit on the 11”. I started a thread on it. Maybe they did better on the 12.9”?
I got the 12.9” and it fits like a glove. No complaints at all and I am absolutely loving the case. Definitely reach out to them if you are not happy, because they have great customer service and absolutely want feedback and to make it right.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I got the 12.9” and it fits like a glove. No complaints at all and I am absolutely loving the case. Definitely reach out to them if you are not happy, because they have great customer service and absolutely want feedback and to make it right.

Yeah, got it for the 12.9 today and it's a perfect fit. Still, a shame about the 11" version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.