Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, has anybody used the Mac version of Acronis True Image to backup files and folders on the Mac and then the Windows version of the software to recover files and folders on Windows PC? Does it work well?

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Why would you want to do it this way? What are you backing up? Images, documents, etc? Can't you just use dropbox, icloud, or copy to an external hard drive?

Also, instead of starting 7+ different threads that are seemingly related, why don't you tell us exactly what you want to do so we can better help you?

1. Is it better to move files from old Mac to Windows or Linux partition?
  2. What is the fastest thunderbolt 3 NVMe M.2 enclosure?
  3. Anybody tried the Sabrent Rocket 4TB NVMe M.2?
  4. Comprehensive guide to move from Mac OS to Windows 10
  5. What is the best way to move about 7000+ photos and videos to external storage?
  6. Internal or external SSD for cloning internal SSD of Windows laptop?
  7. Dates are incorrect when copying files from external drive to laptop

Reactions: Queen6

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Why would you want to do it this way? What are you backing up? Images, documents, etc? Can't you just use dropbox, icloud, or copy to an external hard drive?

Also, instead of starting 7+ different threads that are seemingly related, why don't you tell us exactly what you want to do so we can better help you?

1. Is it better to move files from old Mac to Windows or Linux partition?
  2. What is the fastest thunderbolt 3 NVMe M.2 enclosure?
  3. Anybody tried the Sabrent Rocket 4TB NVMe M.2?
  4. Comprehensive guide to move from Mac OS to Windows 10
  5. What is the best way to move about 7000+ photos and videos to external storage?
  6. Internal or external SSD for cloning internal SSD of Windows laptop?
  7. Dates are incorrect when copying files from external drive to laptop

I have already stated what I want to do in each thread. Each thread is a different question. Some users may be able to advice or be interested on some topics but not the others.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have already stated what I want to do in each thread. Each thread is a different question. Some users may be able to advice or be interested on some topics but not the others.
but by the same token, you're asking us to do your own research. My advice, get Acronis and try what you're asking. That way you'll get the very answer you're looking for.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I appreciate soulreaver99 putting all these together. I'll admit to being miffed when I copied files from a WinCE computer to Windows Server 2012 and had all the dates updated to copy day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.