Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
If there's anybody out there using High Sierra with AirPods AND have set up custom controls in IOS 11 like skip track, can you confirm that these behaviors follow through to your Mac as well? This used to work just fine for me in Sierra (i.e. skipping tracks in iTunes or Spotify by double tapping my right pod) but no longer works in High Sierra. Works fine on my phone.

DanielDD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2013
Portugal
Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > click Options under AirPods

You'll get this menu. Set up the actions you want for each AirPod

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 14.43.20.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 14.43.20.png
    987.2 KB · Views: 258

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Good lord you are my hero, thank you! I spent an hour on the phone with Apple tech support and they were going to have me reinstall my OS, thank god I didn't. Is this new with High Sierra? Before with Sierra it just worked they way I had it set up on my iPhone.

DanielDD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2013
Portugal
Good lord you are my hero, thank you! I spent an hour on the phone with Apple tech support and they were going to have me reinstall my OS, thank god I didn't. Is this new with High Sierra? Before with Sierra it just worked they way I had it set up on my iPhone.

This is new to High Sierra. Before you couldn't choose different actions to be assigned to each AirPod and now you can. Probably your settings got reseted because of these changes.

By the way, you can set up different settings for each device you use. That's why the settings on your iPhone didn't carry through

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
It makes sense and it's actually better this way. Surprising though how little info there is out there on this. I found nothing on Google and not even the Apple support reps know. I should have thought to look in Bluetooth preferences. Anyhow, thanks again.

Reactions: DanielDD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.