Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intendedaccel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Brooklyn Park, MN
I ordered Panther on the morning of the 21st and still today it still shows as open. It still says will ship on or before 10/14/2004 but that is today, and it still has not shipped. They also did not upgrade my shipping like has happened to some others. Anybody else in the same boat?

:confused:

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Hmmmmm.....

Apple and FedEx have a funny way of getting things too you before you expect it. I'd say you have a 80% chance of getting it on 10/24/03.

But on a lighter note, here's my shipping status!!!!!:
Oct 24, 2003
7:49 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery_

SACRAMENTO CA_
7:23 am
3:56am
Left FedEx Ramp_
SACRAMENTO CA_
Oct 23, 2003
10:32 pm
Arrived at FedEx Ramp_
SACRAMENTO CA_
9:28pm
Left FedEx Origin Location_
RANCHO CORDOVA CA_
4:14 pm
Pickup status_
RANCHO CORDOVA CA_
Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

Yes!

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
mine is open.

i ordered the upgrade on wednesday, after the pb arrived on ups.

checked today, still open. :(

intendedaccel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well seeing as though it's almost the end of business day today, I think there is a pretty slim chance of me getting it today. :( Looks like there is a good chance it might not ever ship by today.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I'm in essentially the same boat; ordered the 22nd, still shows open. My other orders all showed shipping info quite accurately, so I don't have much hope of getting it before sometime next week, but oh well.

My new HD hasn't gotten here yet either, so I suppose it's not such a tragedy, but it's frustrating to have that big, beautiful G5 just sitting there waiting for parts.

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
i try to adjust .. i have the 10.2 fully installed and dont bother making it to my taste. i hope mine gets here fast. so i can put the 10.3 and CUSTOM install and all my progs. i dont even use mail now, just quick urgent webmail checks .. awww! pain ...

when i got the pb they asked me if i wanted the os x installed. i said no, i want to install it myself, custom. so just guess if i have all norwegian, korean and finnish language packs and even classic installed? i'd never bother to install those (or any language i dont understand and use). aww, i have even M$ office in the pb ... :mad:

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Me too - I guess "PM Delivery 10/24/2003" didn't happen. In fact, I am still on "Open" status.

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
not only is mine open, but it says 10/29 now... oh well.

Same with me. I ordered mine on the 8th, and appears to be delayed again (was 21st, then 24th, now 29th)

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
THIS IS SOOO UNFAIR! They are shipping at random, to being with, and then the "up to date" people GET GROUND SHIPPING THAT DOESN'T SHOW UP FOR LIKE FIVE MORE DAYS. ugh!

intendedaccel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Brooklyn Park, MN
Mine never shipped on the 24th. It now says on or before 10/29/2004, BUT they did upgrade my shipping to priority overnight. They must be losing a ton of money on shipping doing it this way. :mad:

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
I ordered 2 up-to-date copies for work and as of this moment, they are still Open. But I expected that, because I didn't order until Wednesday the 22nd. No biggie because the wife's on her way to FedEx, as I type this, to pick up our personal copies that didn't get delivered yesterday. All I gotta say is they'd better give 'em to her... :p

For those who think they are being screwed over, it's unfair, etc. My guess is that it's not quite as random as it seems. Apple ships from many distribution centers around the US and around the world. In most cases, your copy will come from the center closest to you. If for any reason that center has problems or runs out of stock early, then probably people in that region will be affected. So it probably doesn't only have to do with the time of order, but also other factors such as this.

Besides, in the grand scheme of things, who cares? It's not like they signed a contract with you to guarantee delivery, and it's not the end of the world. It's a great OS upgrade, but just an OS. No sense in getting all worked up over a few days. Now, if your order slips through the cracks and takes 3 weeks while your next door neighbor gets the exact same thing in 2 days after you ordered, then you can get all mad. :mad: :D

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
A, you're wrong. Not to be mean, but you're wrong. Apple has distribution centers in the midwest, i believe in Ohio, and I am in in PA, but I get a shipment from Sacramento.... it's random alright.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Yeah, me too! But I will not be so smug until I see it on the doorstep or hear the doorbell at 10:30am. Hope all of you guys fared as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.